Prior to the existence of Mabank in early 1900, the community of Lawndale was formed in the late 1880s. The community was noted for its agriculture in many areas, including cotton. But with the Texas Trunk Railroad missing the community by a mile, Ranchers Mason and Eubank decided to capitalize on the Texas Trunk and set aside one square mile of land and named it “Mabank”.
Mabank is a combination of the names Eubank and Mason and is located one mile (1.6 km) southwest of the former community of Lawndale. Being only a mile away from Lawndale and located on the railroad, its citizens, churches, and businesses naturally decided to move there. Thus attracting, over a brief period of about two years, much of what was Lawndale. This included the Lawndale Courier – the local newspaper that renamed itself the Mabank Courier.
Many of the descendants from the Masons and Eubanks are still alive to this day.
Populations went up highly in the 1960s and 70’s due to the building of Cedar Creek Reservoir.
Mabank is approximately 8.6 miles from Lonestar RV Parks vis TX-198 and TX-334W